Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

Glossybox April 2013 - First ever!

I'd been looking at beauty boxes for a while now after seeing them all across the blogger world, but I was unsure which to try between Glossybox and Birchbox, and eventually settled on Glossybox because the products I'd seen included in previous boxes seemed more appealing to me. 
I ordered my box before this month's were released so I would be surprised. 

I was at work when the box was delivered and I had completely forgotten it was due, so when I got home I was so chuffed and desperately excited. 
I absolutely loved the packaging which was like a pass-the-parcel, box in a box with a booklet on top of layers of tissue tied up with ribbon. Even my boyfriend was getting excited because of all the layers and he had no idea what 'Glossybox' was, but needless to say he was much less interested once I finally reached my beauty goodies. 

So here's the ever so pretty box for this month, absolutely loving the design and like a lot of others have said I will be stashing the box to use for something else (looks a darn site better than the shoe boxes I end up using!).

Inside: My Goodies


Product Opinions

A-DERMA - Intense Repair Lip Balm

The product itself is very gentle and it isn't sticky at all, and I can feel it lasting on my lips for a while after application. It is unscented which is good as it keeps everything natural, but personally I quite like scented lip balms. I struggle with my lips flaking but I can see this would help and has helped keep it at bay so far (though the weather hasn't been too bad since I received it). It doesn't have SPF which is a shame, with the £7.95 price tag I would have thought so, and especially with it being included in a spring box when the sun's starting to show itself. I probably wouldn't purchase this as I know I can get similar products with SPF included.

 

Sleek - Blusher in 'Flamingo

Very bright colour which I'm not sure I'll be using on a daily basis. As with all sleek products, the blush is very pigmented. I have tried this out and I actually liked this product more than I thought, it IS a very bright pink, and it is very strong when first applied but with a decent amount of blending I liked the result. I probably wouldn't purchase this particular colour again, but I did like how the blusher applied so I probably would buy a sleek blusher in an alternative shade.


Essie - Nail Lacquer in Sugar Daddy

This is such a pretty colour! It's definitely an ideal colour to be included in a Spring beauty box as it's a very pretty pastel pink. I have never had an Essie nail polish, and so once I have tried and tested it I'll do a review. I haven't swatched it on my nails yet as I got my nails 'French Manicured' by Nails Inc. at the weekend, but above is a photo of it on a nail wheel, and once I redo my nails and try it out, I'll show you. It is a very sheer colour whereas I prefer something a bit more noticeable, but I can see myself wearing it now and again. 


Nip + Fab - Dry Skin Fix Body Butter in Coconut Latte

I do like the smell of this, but for myself I would have preferred one of the other scents (mango or pistachio would have been interesting). It is a decent size for a sample pot and a little goes a long way. The product is very light on the skin and spreads well, it soaks in easily and doesn't feel greasy. The scent also lingers on the skin for ages after applying it. I'm really happy with the effect of this body butter as it is doing just what it should! 


Yves ROCHER - Eau de parfum in So Elixir Purple

I really like the design of the sample bottle, and there's a decent amount to sample the product.
I like the smell, but I think it's something I would rather smell on my mum as it's a little heavy for me. 

Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment