Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Body Shop Facial Haul

As mentioned in a previous post, I am a Body Shop Love Your Body member and for a limited time they were offering 20% off their products, including products on 3 for 2 skincare promotions.
I went straight to the skincare range and was approached by a very enthusiastic employee asking if I needed help, and apparently the lady who had approached me was the make up and skincare expert - so was the ideal person to assist me! I told her which of their products I already used (Tea Tree facial wash and Tea Tree toner) and she spoke through what else I could do to help my skin. She suggested to get additional products in the Seaweed range as it balances all skin types - controls the oily parts and hydrates the dry bits, and the Tea Tree range can be drying. She also tried out the Tea Tree oil on my spots so I could see it's effect during the rest of the day, but I did not want to purchase this product on the day as I'm still torn between this or the Origins Super Spot Remover.

So onto what I bought....
Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser
RRP £8.00
I always knew you had to cleanse, tone, moisturise, but I didn't realise cleanse and wash were different things. I find this cleanser hydrates quite well but if I don't tone quick enough after I feel my skin getting fairly oily. I was initially concerned it might have a strong smell but its actually a gentle scent, and not too bad... It's quite a fresh smell and a little goes a long way. I've continued to use it and my skin is behaving quite well and I've noticed my skin hasn't been getting as oily as the day goes on like it used to. I'm definitely going to continue using it.

Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
RRP £12.00
The mask is again is a fresh smell. I only applied to my T zone and chin as these are my oiliest parts and thought it might dry my cheeks out which are usually quite normal skin type. The product goes on easy and dries quickly even when I used it in the bath. I can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin, but face masks are good and this one will last for aaaages!

Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
RRP £9.00
I have used scrubs for many years but find the gritty stuff is great on your hand, but you lose that "scrub" feeling once you apply the product to the face. This doesn't happen with this one, I really like that with this scrub I could actually feel the gritty bits on my face. However this is not in a way that it's too harsh on the skin, it feels quite gentle still. Once face is dry it did feel a little tight, and the next day I noticed my nose peeling quite unattractively which I'm quite disappointed about. Even after using a facial buffer, which helped a little but not as much as I would have liked, and I continued to peel throughout the day. However I'm not sure whether my peeling was connected or just a bad coincidence, so I'll have to try again and see.
Facial Brush with Lid
RRP £4.00
I really really really like this little product! The woman in the shop recommended this and I'm glad I got it. My face feels fresher and cleaner after compared to just using my fingers. The bristles flex well to get into the curves and areas I want it to, but I do still find it tricky to use around my nose area and end up flicking soapiness toward my eyes, but practice makes perfect and all that.


Ashley x

No comments:

Post a Comment