Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Garnier Make-up remover review

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover

So my sister had been using this product for a while and was converted but I was still happy with my convenient face wipes. Gradually I saw comments on blogs about how bad wipes were but never any in-depth explanation as to why so I just passed this by. Apparently there was a big thing about face wipes in the beauty world that I managed to miss. The main thing I picked up was they caused premature wrinkling caused by the tugging motion needed with wipes and they also contain many chemicals in them which are harmful (I dread to think how many chemicals were in the cheap own brand ones I used to use). So this basic information combined with my running out of face wipes, I decided to grab a liquid make-up remover. It is gentle and so ideal for sensitive skin, and it is capable of removable waterproof make up. Now I don't often wear waterproof make-up, but I figured better to be prepared rather than have stubborn make-up glued to my face (especially after a good night out). 

This product works wonders for me, removing make-up much quicker and efficiently than wipes ever did. I tested the difference one night by removing make up with wipes first, and then going over the top with the liquid remover and the amount of dirt and make-up still coming off onto the cotton pad was unreal!
It does leave a slight greasy feeling behind after because of the oily base, which feels quite hydrating actually. And I usually wash my face fairly soon after using this anyway so this is no problem for me. You have to shake the bottle to combine the liquid and oil which sometimes when I'm very very sleepy seems like such a chore, but it isn't exactly difficult.

I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I eventually run out. I've been using this since February and I've only used a 1/3 of the solution. Therefore also way more cost effective than face wipes too!
The only time I'll be reaching for a face wipe is if this isn't around and wipes are the only option. 


Ashley x

2 comments:

  1. I got recommended this last week at a beauty event but wasn't sure how well it worked, think i'll be picking some up now though! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's brilliant, I really like how well it works. Definitely give it a go! x

      Delete